A shelter alone does not exclusively ensure the success of a family’s future. That’s why CARE Housing provides supportive services to its residents that empower and educate. Services include:
- Summer Reading Program: In partnership with Poudre River Public Library District, CARE will host a summer reading program
with crafts and Story Express at our Clubhouses in Fort Collins. Residents should check their flyers for property-specific details.
- Kid's Cafe at Peace with Christ Lutheran Church: Located at 1412 West Swallow Road in Fort Collins. Beginning on June 8, and running through August 14, 2015, Monday through Friday, noon until 1:00 p.m.
Residents should check their flyers for details.
- Financial Education Classes: Include "Basics of Banking", a "Budgeting Class", and an "Understanding Credit" class. Sessions will be held at various clubhouses. Residents should contact the office for details.
- Weatherization: An application was left on residents' doors. This program helps residents save money on their utility bills. Please fill out the highlighted sections, and return the packet to the office. If you need another packet, contact Morgan at the office: 970-282-7522.
- CARE's Neighborhood Night Out Summer Barbeque: From 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., on August 4, 2015 in Shelter number 2 at Rolland Moore Park. See you there!
- City of Fort Collins Rebate for Sales Tax on Groceries: Qualified Residents may receive a rebate on the sales tax paid for food during the previous year. The rebate program runs from August 1 through October 31 each year. This program is offered through the City of Fort Collins. Details are available on the City of Fort Collins website.
We're updating the services we provide. Please check back frequently for additions!
The Housing Herald
CARE's Monthly Newsletter with seasonal topics and upcoming events.