CARE's rental rates are structured to provide you with high quality living at affordable prices. To qualify for CARE Housing, you must meet certain criteria:
One adult in the household must be working at least 20 hours per week. Exceptions include persons with disabilities or senior citizens that are receiving income from other sources.
Dependents must be living in the household at least 50% of the time. Exceptions include persons with disabilities or senior citizens that do not have dependents.
Meet income requirements.
Re-certify housing eligibility annually.
CARE Housing works entirely from a waiting list. To be added to the waiting list, please submit an application.
Security Deposit and Fees
Once an apartment has been offered and accepted, CARE Housing requires these items to reserve the unit:
- $35 Background/Credit Check fee (in certified funds) for each adult applicant.
- $100 payment towards the security deposit, also in certified funds.
The total deposit (show below) will be due at the time of move-in minus the $100 pre-payment. (Certified funds required).
- $750 for any apartment at any of the Fort Collins communities.
- $500 for a one bedroom apartment at Cottonwood in Windsor.
- $590 for a two bedroom apartment at Cottonwood in Windsor.
- Companion and Service Animals are welcome, but need to have documentation! Pet dogs and cats may be approved through our office. Current veterinary records and vaccinations are required with a $350.00 non-refundable pet fee per animal before your pet may move in. Please direct any questions to the office.
For more information, call our office at 970-282-7522 or (TTY) 1-800-659-2656. Office hours are 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.